August 16, 2012

Hometown Glory

In 2008, I saw Kate Voegele in concert and fell in love with a little necklace she wore to remind her of Bay Village, OH, her hometown. The necklace was a little wire outline of the state of Ohio, and I knew that if I ever moved out of state, I had to have it to show my Cleveland/Ohio pride.
Since then, I've been looking for a replica for myself but everything I found was in the $500 price range. Sorry Ohio, I love you... but not that much.

Recently I found three sites that make the necklaces, two of which are Etsy stores. It's a great way to wear a little piece of home, and Maya Brenner, one of the designers, can even place a little diamond right where Cleveland is located. :)

3 comments:

  1. Oh I love these! It's such a great idea and a way to have home close to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nordstrom has some too, very reasonably priced!

    http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/kris-nations-state-pendant-necklace/3187399?origin=keywordsearch&contextualcategoryid=60136226&fashionColor=&resultback=0

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so cool. They would be awesome at cute and personalized gifts!

    http://heydahye.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete