August 27, 2012

The calm before the storm: GOP Convention

I didn't do any posting the past few days, but I know on Friday I mentioned I was flying down to Florida, and now I can officially say it's for the Republican National Convention! I am a professional volunteer for the duration of the convention in Tampa, and I cannot even put into words how incredibly exciting it is. I think I've had a smile that goes ear to ear for the past 72 hours, and the convention still has yet to begin.


If any of you have seen the news or are following the news coverage of GOP Convention, you probably know that it's been postponed for a day because of Hurricane Issac, which is set to hit Tampa today! Crazy huh? I've never even seen a tornado, let alone a hurricane, so this will be very interesting. :)

Here are a few pictures from the past few days, a few volunteers and I met RNC Chairman Reince Priebus last night, along with Gov. Haley Barbour. Both such intelligent and sweet men... funny too!

I can't wait to share more once the convention begins.

xxo


Chairman Reince Priebus


Gov. Haley Barbour. He was so funny, right before we took this picture he said, "let's put the rose between the two thorns, try and make me look better." 


Still in the process of being set up.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh that is so exciting! Have fun and stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, how cool that you get to be there! It sounds so exciting; keep us posted on how it went!

    lifemedschoolwife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you're having fun! You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete